Friday, June 30, 2006

My Most Treasured T-Shirt

When I was @IIT Kharagpur, we always used to have intra-hall cricket tournaments. As name suggests those were played amongst hall residents and on the ground inside hall. I can not forget those breathtaking and closely fought(ya not played) matches.

Teams restricted to seven heads and mostly were units representing either close friends or regions or Wings in hall. So everybody was playing to preserve their reputation. Some team names for example: MaHaMagic, LTTE, B-West, Super7.

MaHaMagic was our team offcourse. Successively in two tournaments we reached to finals and lost to B-west team. We performed more than 100% of ours. Collective team efforts made us reach finals. And then it was like India lost to Australia in world cup -2003.

Grabbing 4 wickets out of 7 in one match I won a T-Shirt as a token. But our Sports secy, Gordhan was printing a Batsmans photo on back of the T-Shirt. I agreed to disagree. Then he handed the responsibility of finding a logo to me. I had exact picture of what picture I need on my T-Shirt. Only two bowlers I like in the world. Shoaib and Brett Lee. No need to stress why? Speed..Speed and Speed. (And offcourse no accuracy). And Shoaib fulfills requirements.

I must thank my friend shekhar , expert in autoCAD, for materialising my thoughts. I was paining to draw hollow outline of Shoaib's famous action for an hour or so. He came to my rescue and made it happen.

I keep this T-Shirt close to my heart(although I love what is printed on backside). I am never going to lose it.

Abhijit....

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

Well... I too have a very treasured T-shirt with artwork on its back. Hmm... you have given me ideas... I'll write about it sometime...
By the way, that AutoCAD work was real good.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger abhijit said...

@Sugata:I will convey your compliments to Shekhar.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey abhi thanks for what man....no thanks in frdship..and one more i m not at all expert in AutoCAD, its all blessings of GANAPATIBAPPA who made this things possible...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check from where blog is accessed.

Locations of visitors to this page